THE FUTURE IS WHAT WE CREATE WHEN WE TAKE OUR VISIONS TO THE LIMITS.
PHD AT THE BMW GROUP.
Bridging the gap between your doctoral studies and the kind of career challenge you’re looking for isn’t always easy. That’s why our ProMotion PhD programme gives you the opportunity to apply your passion and scientific expertise to very real challenges that could shape the future of mobility. If selected, you’ll have the chance to really develop your own future career path with us through your practice-related thesis, promote your chosen specialty from within – and position yourself to secure the career you’ve always wanted.
BMW Group offers a PhD position in the field of artificial intelligence for numerical simulation.
What awaits you?
- The work will focus on definition of AI-models and data structures that can be applied to multiple disciplines within the computer-aided engineering (CAE) world.
- This comprehensive view will be utilized and extended for use cases in the field of computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
- The objective is to bring the developed methods and the underlying data models into day-to-day car development processes in BMW.
- Therefore, a close collaboration with BMW engineering departments as well as partner research institutes is mandatory.
What you should bring along?
- Strong background in artificial intelligence theory.
- Good experience with machine learning development frameworks (TensorFlow, Google Cloud ML Engine, etc.).
- Good experience in programming (e.g. C++, Python) and development tools.
- Experience with data models, data structures and underlying infrastructure.
- Knowledge of computational engineering and numerical simulation.
- Optional: experience with CAE tools.
You are enthused by new technologies and an innovative environment? Apply now!
Earliest starting date: 2021-03-01
Duration: 36 months.
Working hours: Vollzeit
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001